Plane Jayne

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

YIPPPEEEE.....Im finally home

What a HELL of a week. Fire, snow, smoke, wind and the wake turbulence on a 757 that almost rolled us upside down. Ahhh...the life of a stew!

I dont think in all of my flying career have I experienced so many disturbances at one time.

Day two.................


We are flying from Naples to White Plains, when all of a sudden, right after takeoff, I notice something that smells like burning Garlic. Captain Ken asks if I am cooking, I say "no...but you are." Smoke is billowing out of the vent behind his seat. He radios the tower to declare an emergency, and they nose dive us into Kissimmee. I was all AAAARRRGGGHHHH....using my inner voice, of course.
I prepared the cabin for an emergency landing, and sat down. The plane landed without incident, but WOW....good times. Would you believe that the owners still wanted to eat after we landed? Of course, I fed them...I'm always the professional

We all thought we were in the clear for the remainder of the trip, but NO.

Sometimes I have to wonder how these rich people had the abiity to make their money. I mean, My God.

Day Four, people wanted to fly to New York. HELLOOOO....ever heard of a BLIZZARD? yeah? well they are having one up there...dont you watch the news?? The NYC area airports were closed, but these guys insisted on trying to get into the area. So we did...and guess what??? We ended up back in Florida everytime. ARRRGGHHHH...some people...im telling you.


Day Five...On our way to Bermuda...we take off out of Miami, and all of the suden, the plane rocks to one side....i hear captain Al shreik a little. Uh-oh. That cant be good. it seems as though we got cought in the wake turbulence of a Boeing 757. Not good..Not good. Mr. Bacardi (yes...that one) was not pleased...but he was so nice.

I need a drink tonight. BADLY!

Until next time....

Jayne

Remember...do NOT inflate your life vest until after leaving the aircraft.

2 Comments:

  • Yea!...you're home...see you Friday, and I hope I don't have any wake turbulence coming out of my ass!

    By Blogger DanNation, at 8:45 PM  

  • You're a FA? But it doesn't sound like with a Major. Seems like an interesting week, however.

    I dropped by via Dan, though I'm not all that excited about the wake turbulence coming out of his ass now that I'm in the comment section. To be honest.

    But you guys have fun this weekend.

    By Blogger jetboy747, at 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home